Fresh Ideas, Lasting Results
At FIC, we are results driven and committed to your success. We go the extra mile to understand your unique issues so we can deliver fresh ideas and focused strategies to keep your business current, competitive and profitable.
At the heart of it, we are experienced production people – happy and comfortable on the shop floor. But we are also successful business leaders and understand how to make the connection from the factory floor to the front office. That experience allows us to work effectively with your entire team to develop workable solutions and to ensure lasting results.
We believe in working with you for the right amount of time so that we act as catalyst for your change. Along the way we teach and coach your people so that your team can carry out the change in the future. We focus your efforts to help achieve significant long last results.
360 Lean Diagnostic – Have you ever wondered why your Lean implementation is stalled? Not generating the the planned improvements? Your staff or peers complaining about another failed initiative? This intensive 3 day Lean diagnostic drives to baseline up to 15 Lean elements, identify problem areas and lastly create a high level roadmap for improvement. How do we do this? Our experienced Lean Six Sigma Black Belts or Master Black Belts interview your staff, walk your shop floor, review key metrics and lastly look at your current Lean plan. Our goal is to provide develop roadmap that gets you to your stated goals as quickly as possible.
Operations Excellence Diagnostic – A FIC operations excellence assessment is an excellent way to identify your company’s current strengths and areas for potential improvement. It is also a great way for you to see what we are like to work with. After all, this will be a collaborative effort that depends as much on relationship and trust as it does on technical ability.
FIC will lead you through a series of structured activities to look at the key areas of your business such as management practices, human resources, information systems, sales & marketing, purchasing & supply chain, production operations, and engineering. We also look at your facilities, sustainability practices and health and safety practices.
FIC’s diagnostic provides a report detailing:
- The business’s relative strengths,
- A roadmap of prioritized opportunities for improvement and,
- A list of potential rapid improvement projects along with their estimated return on investment
FIC fully ascribes to the adult learning models that employ action and activity-based learning instead classroom “training”. Wherever possible, we engage participants in current challenges from within their workplace so they can experience both real-life issues, as well as the feeling of success that comes from applying new knowledge. We create and deliver programs driven by the strategic performance needs of the organization. Our service covers the needs assessment, design, development, delivery and evaluation of workshops and programs.
Through their many years of change implementation and business management experience, our consultants are well equipped to provide coaching in the areas of change management, conflict resolution, assertive communication, and delivering and receiving feedback. We know that running a business is difficult. Implementing change in a way that engages your team in a positive way is even more difficult. We work with you side by side to develop the strategies, methods and tools required to improve personal effectiveness and team productivity.
Our knowledge transfer and leadership development services focus on the following:
- Educational Courses:
- Lean Six Sigma Foundational Training for Senior Leaders
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Leadership Development Programs
- One on One Leader/Individual Coaching
- Team Coaching
We are practical, flexible and work at all levels of your organization from the executive suite to the shop floor.
FIC helps organizations improve their operational performance and profitability through understanding customer value, and then uncovering the efficiency, speed and flexibility in operations required to be competitive in today’s market.
We customize our approach to each client, applying leading best practices and principles developed through years of deep industry experience. We combine proven methodologies with real-life business experience and solid change management approaches to ensure your organization is engaged and activities are aligned with your business strategy.
- Identified major areas of losses in food plant. Used Lean methodology to reduce unit costs by 15%.
- Implemented a Lean Management System in a windows and doors screen manufacturing business which resulted in 60% improvement in schedule attainment, 50%+ improvement on ontime delivery, and 30% improvement in productivity .
- Consolidated customer service departments across 5 business units resulting in 10% improvement in order accuracy, 12% improvement in order delivery cycle and improved customer satisfaction.
- Implemented Lean Six Sigma in pulp and paper company resulting in savings of over $20,000,000 in one year.
- Used Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) to improve food plant uptime by 10%.
- Analyzed supply chain and improved purchasing and logistics processes resulting in savings of $3.5 million.